Internationally certified by Green Globe
Xanadu Island Resort on Ambergris Caye, Belize is the first Island Certified Green Globe Property in Belize. Through extensive initiatives Xanadu Island Resort has undergone many upgrades and enhances so that we can operate and be proud that we have reduced our impact on the environment to Green Globes highest standards!
- Solar water heaters and Zero Energy Units to heat water.
- Energy saving light bulbs
- Recycling office paper, plastic and glass bottles.
- Soap Dispensers – not little packages.
- Reusable glass containers for the starter packs of coffee, tea and sugar.
- Eco-friendly cleaning detergents.
- Non toxic mosquito eradication (except for the mosquitoes of course)
- Heated, outdoor fresh water swimming pool.
- Refill drinking water bottles on request.
- Compost – not chemicals in the gardens
- Tree identification boards around the property.
- Items no longer used at the resort are either recycled, donated to a good cause or sold.
- Support local restaurants and bars by not having the same on site
- Support local tour operators by booking tours with them for guests
- Support Women in Need, animal protection and preservation