Eco-Friendly Belize Vacation Resort
Certified by Green Globe Property
Xanadu Island Resort on Ambergris Caye, Belize is the first Island Certified Green Globe Property in Belize. Through extensive initiatives Xanadu Island Resort has undergone many upgrades and enhances so that we can operate and be proud that we have reduced our impact on the environment to Green Globes highest standards!
Here are some of the things we have implemented.
- We have solar water heaters that feed one side of our luxury resort.
- Plastic and glass bottles are recycled.
- Dispensers are used instead of separately packaged soaps.
- We re-use small glass containers for the starter packs of coffee, tea and sugar.
- We use energy saving bulbs in our lights, and eco-friendly cleaning detergents.
- Our mosquito eradication is also eco-friendly – (except for the mosquitoes of course)
- Our fresh water swimming pool is salt chlorinated.
- Gallon bottles of drinking water are refilled on request of the guest.
- In the office we print on recycled paper, then use the other side for printing daily use pages. When we can’t use them anymore we shred them and dig them into the soil.
- Our garden projects utilize natural products for composting – not chemicals.
- We like our guests to know more about the trees found at Xanadu so have placed identification boards around the property.
- Items no longer used at the resort are either recycled, donated to a good cause or put on a sale.